CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 16, 2009

This is Ellie.


So I know what you are all thinking. "Why did they get another dog with a baby on the way? " Am I right? Well, I wasn't planing on it. I mean yes I miss Ringo, but I had decided to wait a while til after the baby was at least 6 months or a year to start looking for a new dog. Then Shawn convinced me to go to the pound and just see how we felt about starting to look. "We don't have to get a dog now, lets just start looking and see if there are any other type of dogs we like." Well, it was a trap. I saw Ellie the first walk through of the pound, and she is so stinking cute!! She was the only dog not freaking out and barking at us, and I have to admit, I have a soft spot in my heart for Shih Tzu's. I saw her on Thursday, and I finally decided that I couldn't deal with the fact that is we didn't go get her, that she could have been put down, so Shawn went and got her while I was at work on Saturday.

She is part Yorkie, and is just over a year old, so I don't have to worry about potty training a new dog, or worry about all the puppy craziness. She is perfect, I changed her name from Emmie, I just think Ellie fits her and us better, and she is such a good dog. She is perfectly contest with just hanging out by herself, and she loves to play. So welcome home Ellie!!

2 comments:

  1. you are crazy... i had a dog and them when we had a baby it had to go!! What do you do when you have such a soft spot for animals though...she is pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!!! She is so tiny! How did Zues react to her? Sorry to hear about Ringo...:(.

    ReplyDelete