CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Finding treasures!!!

So as you may recall, I am in the process of making over a very under appreciate, over looked chair. I was able to leave work today a bit early, and was so excited because I finally got my fabric in (not telling yet what colors I went with.) I went to the shop and was pretty dang excited to get that nasty old dry rot gold fabric off, and to my surprise it was a treasure chest!! OK, so I am exaggerating a little, but I did find a few cool things hidden inside.




  • One $1 bill
  • Two mini Mag flashlights
  • Three match books
  • A few nasty cigarette ends (don't know what they are called) with BRIGHT PINK lipstick on them
  • A nail file
  • A freaking brand new leatherman pocket knife
  • Half a deck of playing cards
  • A guarantee for complete satisfaction on a wig (always wanted one)
  • And a partridge in a pair tree (OK not that)

But all in all there was about $80 worth of stuff in my $15 chair!! Shawn was pretty excited about the pocket knife and the flashlights, but he made fun of my chair, so he doesn't get any of it. That's right I am being stingy. I can only imagine what the old lady that sat in this chair must have looked like. Bright pink lipstick, crazy wig, cigarette in mouth with a mean poker face!

I am done taking off the old fabric, but I forgot to take my camera, so I guess you will just have to wait and see the photos of mid makeover when I reveal my finished product. Wish me luck!!

4 comments:

  1. That is hillarious! She sounds like a total babe. And I don't think Shawn should get any of your new found treasures (I had to re-word that 3 times because it sounded dirty!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the stuff you find under cushions. Makes you wonder what the person that lost the knife thought. Oh well, they'll never know where it went now will they.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the exact same thing when I was reading your list of "treasures". Old lady wearing a wig, smoking, wearing too much lipstick!!! Good luck revamping that chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets just hope in a few 50 years we don't find you in that chair with the same items in hand with Shawn sitting next to you in his chair watching wheel of fortune.

    ReplyDelete