CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Ugly Chair......




OK, so as a kinda New Years resolution to myself, I have decided to give myself more me time. You know doing things that I enjoy, things that I have kinda given up on since I got married. Shawn and I both thought that turning the spare room in the basement would make a great me room, I can paint whatever, and decorate whatever, and have my mess down there, " My room" so I went to the DI looking for a perfect little desk or table to put my sewing machine on, and all my little organizers. Instead of a desk, I found this....


Now I know what you are thinking... "What was she thinking?" but here is where you come in. I have decided to make this my first official project for my room!!! yay! I am so excited!! I am going to attempt to reupholster it!! What ever colors I decide to make my chair will be the colors that I decorate my room with, the only problem is, I am such a Gemini that I cant pick what color scheme to go with. So here are your choices, and I need your opinions......


a: Charcoal b: turquoise and chocolate or c : kiwi and chocolate. or any combination of the above. Use your imagination, and be nice. I will also be doing an ottoman to match. Thanks for in input!! ( I am really pulling towards the kiwi just so ya know!)

10 comments:

  1. I love the turquoise and brown.....but I think you could make such a cute room with the kiwi and brown I would go with the kiwi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lace, I like the kiwi and chocolate...very cute combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveing the Kiwi and Chocolate!!! I'm very into green and brown right now. I'm doing Spencer's room in a Kiwi, Chocolate, and sky blue maybe that's why, but either way totatlly cute.
    That's so creative of you to be reupholstering (hope that's a word). I would love to learn to do it someday. Good for you!! Also, that's so cool that you are making your own room. I want one too when we finish the basement. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lacie, this is Ashley Thueson. I added your blog to my list, I found you on Jessica's!!! Check out my blog. Oh, and I am new to this too. ourthuesonfamily.blogspot.com Oh and I like the kiwi and brown!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it were me I'd do the turquoise and brown...but I do like the kiwi too.....I admire your ambition....I'd never even try to attempt doing something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the kiwi & chocolate is adorable.... if you think you don't get enough "me" time since you've been married, just wait till you have kids & you don't even know if you make it out of the house with underweaer on half the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all 3 colors! I can't wait to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I THINK THAT YOU SHOULD DO THE TURQUOISE AND BROW THEY ARE MY FAV COLORS. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT. LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you, kiwi and chocolate. What a great idea, a room of your own. If only I had the room. I guess you'll have to invite me up and will have to scrapbook or something! I know it will look great when your done. You have great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lacie!!! Love the blog! I would go with the kiwi and brown too! I walked into the shop a few weeks ago and saw that chair sitting there with the Di tag and thought, how come I never find the good stuff. I love that chair!!! Talk with you soon!!

    ReplyDelete